Medlock Ames is an estate fine wine producer located in Alexander Valley, Sonoma County, California. Started in 1998 by friends Chris Medlock James and Ames Morison, we consider our commitment to quality through mindful and organic farming to be one of our greatest assets. With Ames at the helm as winemaker, our vineyards are farmed organically with no insecticides, chemical fertilizers, or herbicides. Solar power provides the energy we need to run.
Only 55 of our 338 acres are farmed. We chose to leave the majority of land in a natural state - reserving it for oaks and wildflowers, not vines. Innovative and traditional methods are used to farm this boutique vineyard where vegetables, olives, and wildlife also flourish. The portfolio includes Sauvignon Blanc, Rosé, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Red Bordeaux Blends, Malbec, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, estate bottled olive oil, and preserves from our garden.
• We farm and craft tiny production, high quality, artisan wines in an ethical way.
• Our dedication to sustainability is a way of life, and we love what we do.
• We are 100% organically farmed and 100% solar-powered. We advocate progressive, creative farming.
• Our eco-friendly ranch is tucked away on the edge of Alexander Valley atop Bell Mountain.
• We believe in environmental accountability and sustainability.