Our gentle yet attentive winemaking methods mimic the same care with which we farm and help us preserve the qualities we like most.
Opened in 2004, our winery situated on Bell Mountain Ranch was custom built as a functional, elegant and smart solution to the winemaking process. Translating our philosophy of sustainability in the vineyards to our winery we incorporate several designs to maximize efficiency including:
- Digging caves 15’ below grade to maximize the natural insulation and constant underground temperature of the earth.
- Installing west facing solar arrays on winery roof to offset electricity needs of winemaking process
- Installing clear, full-story windows to allow natural light, reducing our electricity needs
- Use large thermal mass stone walls to maintain consistant temperatures, reducing reliance on air conditioning
- Set annual water usage goals and find new ways to reduce water reliance