Medlock Ames produces world-class wines from 100% estate-grown, organic grapes from the Bell Mountain Vineyard which straddles Alexander Valley and the Russian River Valley. Our 50 acres of vineyards are farmed organically, and the winemaking is powered by solar energy. Dedicated to sustainability, preservation of the land is at the core of all we do, which comes through in our award-winning wines. Our tasting room and ranch are both located in Healdsburg.
Nearing our 20th anniversary, we are in a period of transition getting ready for a new era of significant growth. It is a great time to join our growing team of dynamic wine professionals. We look for team players and problem solvers that share our values.
If you are a passionate, self-motivated, life-long learner interested in joining our team, even if there is no current open role, drop us a line with your resume here.
Harvest Lab Internship
Reports to: Abby Watt, Winemaker
Location: Chalk Hill Rd./Alexander Valley Rd.
Schedule: Full Time/Seasonal
We are looking for a well-qualified individual with lab and cellar experience. The position will be primarily in the laboratory but will be required to assist in the cellar as needed. The position will start in July and run through to December depending on harvest timing. The lab intern will work directly with the winemaker.
Duties and responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Juice and wine analysis
- Daily monitoring of fermentation with brix and temperature
- Sampling as needed
- Record keeping and vintrace entry
- Laboratory cleaning and upkeep
- Responsible for most wine additions including inoculations
- Support the cellar team as needed
- Previous winery and lab experience is required
- Experience running an Admeo Y15 or similar
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to a high standard of work
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends during harvest
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply here by sending your resume and cover letter
Director of Sales and Marketing
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Julie Rothberg, President
Location: Chalk Hill Rd./Alexander Valley Rd.
Schedule: Full Time
As we celebrate our 20th anniversary, we are entering an era of significant growth. We’re looking for a proven DTC & hospitality sales and marketing leader who can’t help themselves but be in front of our guests and drive meaningful sales through long-term relationship development. This leader provides executive guidance, strategy, and execution as we drive meaningful top and bottom-line growth. This is a dynamic role for a leader with strategic vision and high motivation for success. A deep understanding of the customer journey and how to share the Medlock Ames story across all touchpoints is key. You will wear several hats and touch all aspects of our business. Being a team player, problem solver and rooted in sales performance is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
Sales Strategy & Growth
- Create annual marketing and sales plan across channels including product strategy for releases to club, ecommerce, and pouring programs at our hospitality locations
- Responsible for top and bottom-line growth for all Sales & Hospitality including our tasting room, Bell Mountain Ranch, eCommerce, and Membership program including all events both at our properties and as part of Medlock Ames On the Road
- Set strategy for driving greater traffic to our properties and events and manage team in execution
- Responsible for meeting monthly and annual sales goals while operating within budget
- Develop customer loyalty and retention program, analyzing business to identify and provide high-touch service to most profitable customers
- Set annual event strategy for Tasting Room, Bell Mountain Ranch, Membership and Medlock Ames On the Road then ensure flawless execution driving greater consumer loyalty and engagement
- Lead by example to set the high standards and ensure all team members are driving sales and growing business across all customer-facing channels
- Ensure high touch hospitality standards are met every day through ongoing training and coaching
- Manage all membership experiences at our hospitality centers, events, and other in-person experiences
- Support efforts to build new sales channels in partnership with President, driving greater brand exposure and growth
Guest Experience Leadership and Management:
- Provide leadership in all aspects of guest sales and hospitality
- Inspire others in a positive, genuine, and professional manner, while driving individual and group accountability and profitability
- Conduct regular team sales meetings to review sales goals and performance, strategy, operations, company and policy changes, and wine education.
- Oversee all hiring, training, scheduling and management of all Sales and Marketing team members
- Perform annual reviews and provide ongoing feedback and coaching for direct reports
- Own development of all collateral and consumer-facing experiences both at our properties, events, and virtually
- Drive the Medlock Ames culture and values in all that we do
Additional Sales Responsibilities
- Own P&L for Hospitality centers, Membership, eCommerce and Events
- Create annual sales plans across channels with creative ideas for driving new customers to experience our warm and inviting hospitality and experiences.
- Work with President to set product and tasting strategy for hospitality centers and events. Provides input on product strategy releases to membership, ecommerce, and wholesale.
- Responsible for top and bottom-line growth for guest-facing sales including our tasting room, Bell Mountain Ranch, events, Virtual tasting experiences, Membership visitations and On the Road
- Work in partnership with Membership and Sales Operations Manager to ensure timely and accurate counting and management of inventory
- Develop run rates for inventory needs across sales channels
- Provide weekly and monthly performance reports
- Provide support to President and Winemaker on all elements related to product development and support including input on SKU mix, release timing, production quantities, and pricing
Marketing Leadership and Management
- Responsible for all consumer-facing marketing including collateral, website design, customer presentation, outreach and digital marketing
- Set strategy and own execution by the Digital Marketing Manager to drive traffic, brand awareness and sales through eCommerce
- Ensure consistency of brand voice and visuals by setting and adhering to brand standards and guidelines
- Build relationships with key partners for branded events, brand awareness, and traffic-driving activities
- Minimum 8 years of hospitality and management with track record of success in growing sales across multiple locations/channels
- Hungry sales instincts with a strong drive to close business and process sales or develop new sales channels
- Strong understanding and experience with marketing, ensuring throughline of brand voice and visuals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-performance culture
- Must be highly organized with an impeccable attention to detail and able to work in a multi-task environment
- Analytically minded with ability to derive insights on the business to drive improved performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize, problem solve, and manage a team
- Flexible and team-player attitude with a desire to work in a growing and changing environment
- BA or higher degree required
- Wine industry experience is highly recommended but not required
Apply here by sending your resume and cover letter.